The City of London’s Collage website uses cookies. For details on how we use cookies please read our policy on cookies.
(this requires a cookie)
Winchester House
Winchester House
26149
Winchester House
View of the remains of Winchester House, Southwark. Winchester House was the large palace of the Bishops of Winchester for over 500 years. The palace, built in 1109, included gardens and a large park, and was destroyed by fire in 1814.
1815
London Metropolitan Archives
Manning & Bray Collection
Varrall, J. C.
Varrall, J. C.
Clarke, W.
engraving
paper
10cms
p541056x
approx