The City of London’s Collage website uses cookies. For details on how we use cookies please read our policy on cookies.
(this requires a cookie)
Leathersellers' Hall
Leathersellers' Hall
Leathersellers' Hall
The lower part of the image shows the crypt under Leathersellers' Hall viewed from the north while the upper part of the image shows the ceiling in the dining hall above the crypt. The Leathersellers' Hall had occupied the site of the dissolved St Helen's Priory, Bishopsgate and the crypt was exposed in 1799 when the hall was taken down to be rebuilt further to the east.
London Metropolitan Archives
Main Print Collection
Capon, William (1757-1827)
Reproduction of an original print engraved by William Wise and published by Robert Wilkinson in 1817.
photo-mechanical process