The City of London’s Collage website uses cookies. For details on how we use cookies please read our policy on cookies.
(this requires a cookie)
Baumes House, Hackney
Baumes House, Hackney
32227
Baumes House, Hackney
View of Baumes House which stood in the southern part of Hackney close to the Shoreditch boundary, with figures and a horse-drawn carriage in the foreground; it was erected about 1540 by two brothers, Spanish merchants named Balm. The view shows the house around 1650. De Beauvoir Square was later to be built on the site.
c1810
London Metropolitan Archives
Lysons' Environs of London
Fisher, T. (fl.1750)
Lacey, S.
European Magazine
engraving
paper
17cms
q771682x
Exact