The City of London’s Collage website uses cookies. For details on how we use cookies please read our policy on cookies.
(this requires a cookie)
The Imperial Institute
The Imperial Institute
329037
The Imperial Institute
Built in 1887 to promote research that would benefit the British Empire. Located in Exhibition Road, the building was demolished in the 1950s/60s to make space for Imperial College. The Imperial Institute was renamed the Commonwealth Institute and moved into a building in Holland Park.
1951
London Metropolitan Archives
LCC Photograph Library
1 photograph
SC_PHL_02_0008_51_985