The City of London’s Collage website uses cookies. For details on how we use cookies please read our policy on cookies.
(this requires a cookie)
Bow Road from Mile End Road
Bow Road from Mile End Road
of 262
118940
Bow Road from Mile End Road
A view looking east down Bow Road from Mile End Road featuring St Clement's Hospital on the right (with tower). The hospital was opened in 1849 as the City of London Union Workhouse. It closed in 2005 following a decision to sell the site for redevelopment.
c.1905
London Metropolitan Archives
LCC Photograph Library
photograph
SC_PHL_01_393_80_3322B
approx