The City of London’s Collage website uses cookies. For details on how we use cookies please read our policy on cookies.
(this requires a cookie)
Caroone House in Farringdon Street
Caroone House in Farringdon Street
of 4
39352
Caroone House in Farringdon Street
14 Farringdon Street, City of London. Caroone House was an office block built in 1974 on the site of Congregational Memorial Hall. A Greater London Council plaque commemorating the foundation of the Labour Party at the Memorial Hall in 1900 was displayed at the main entrance to Caroone House. The building was used by Post Office Telecommunications (later BT). It was demolished in 2004. 5 Fleet Place was built on the site in 2007. The photograph has been taken from a car park where a black cab, cars and motorbikes are parked. There are also two vans; one belonging to British Telecom and the other to the Eastern Press Ltd.
1985
London Metropolitan Archives
LCC Photograph Library
photograph
SC_PHL_01_010_85_120_4930_1
Exact
Subjects