The City of London’s Collage website uses cookies. For details on how we use cookies please read our policy on cookies.
(this requires a cookie)
Broom House in Broomhouse Lane
Broom House in Broomhouse Lane
of 106
60955
Broom House in Broomhouse Lane
Ice house in the grounds of Broom House, Broomhouse Lane, Fulham. The photograph shows the ice house, a light, trees and vegetation. Broom House was built in the eighteenth century for the ladies of the Chauncey family. In 1805 Sir Evan Nepean gained possession and in 1823 it was sold to Laurence Sulivan. The wife of Laurence Sulivan was the sister of Lord Palmerston, who visited the house. Charlotte Antonia Sulivan inherited the property in 1866 and lived in the house until she died in 1911. After 1911, Broom House was bought by the Hulingham Club and demolished. Its site is now part of the Hurlingham Club grounds.
1911
London Metropolitan Archives
LCC Photograph Library
photograph
SC_PHL_01_091_82_509
4028c
Approximate
Subjects