The City of London’s Collage website uses cookies. For details on how we use cookies please read our policy on cookies.
(this requires a cookie)
Fives Court, St Martin's Street
Fives Court, St Martin's Street
of 46
21926
Fives Court, St Martin's Street
"A visit to the Fives Court"; shows a boxing match in progress at a venue in St Martin's Street. The venue operated as a boxing venue from 1802 until it closed in 1826 and was demolished as part of the redevelopment of the Royal Mews area into what became Trafalgar Square. The site is now under the northern edge of the Sainsbury Wing of the National Gallery.
1822
London Metropolitan Archives
Main Print Collection
Cruikshank, Robert (1789-1856)
Cruikshank, Robert (1789-1856)
Sherwood, Neely and Jones
aquatint
paper
24cms
20cms
crowd scene
p5405500
Approximate
Subjects