The City of London’s Collage website uses cookies. For details on how we use cookies please read our policy on cookies.
(this requires a cookie)
Fives Court, St Martin's Street
Fives Court, St Martin's Street
of 46
305192
Fives Court, St Martin's Street
Interior of the Fives Court with a boxing match in progress watched by a crowd of spectators. The venue operated as a boxing venue from 1802 until it closed in 1826 and was demolished as part of the redevelopment of the Royal Mews area into what became Trafalgar Square. The site is now under the northern edge of the Sainsbury Wing of the National Gallery.
1840
London Metropolitan Archives
Metropolitan Prints Collection
engraving
paper
33cms
24cms
crowd scene
SC_PZ_SP_01_387
Saint Pancras L 08584
Subjects