Winchester House
Winchester House
More information
Winchester House
p541056x (Collage 26149)
London Metropolitan Archives: Manning & Bray Collection
View of the remains of Winchester House, Southwark. Winchester House was the large palace of the Bishops of Winchester for over 500 years. The palace, built in 1109, included gardens and a large park, and was destroyed by fire in 1814.
Copyright London Metropolitan Archives, all rights reserved. Provided for research purposes only. For commercial and other uses please contact us via collage@cityoflondon.gov.uk
London Metropolitan Archives. Please cite document title, reference and collection.